Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Immortals of Meluha

The story of Lord Shiva it says, one that is finely crafted and would make a very good movie. :-)

This book was recommended to me by A and I must say it’s a fast read with interesting revelations and facts. The story dates back to 1900 BC where Shiva was just a leader of a tribe, to be later declared as the Savior of an entire kingdom – The Suryavanshis. He is said to be THE NEELKANTH who is extraordinary due to his blue throat. He is passionate and fearless and loves his people, especially his lady love – Sati.

The language is simple and can be easily understood even by a 12 year old. There are no long and complicated sentences, no twists and turns, only straight forward narration. My praise for the author is not just for choosing a protagonist – The God Almighty but also for all the research that has gone into writing this book. It takes immense amount of gut to craft a story such as this as well! I wonder whether Bal Thackery would initiate a ban of this book as it does talk about Lord Shiva being a marijuana addict!! The Immortals of Meluha is the first one in the Shiva Trilogy Series. The second one would be out in mid 2011.

I have always been a sucker for most books based on mythology and ancient kings and queens. My other favorites include the story of Ramses – The Egyptian Mythology series and the story of Panchali - The Palace of Illusions. If any of you know of other interesting reads in this genre, please do write to me. I would love to read them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!