Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 2 - Yet another favourite book


I read this book last year and it immediately became a favourite.

I usually stumble upon books via blogs, Goodreads, personal recommendations, etc. But this one sparked my interest due to the movie trailer .  (Have I ever mentioned that I frequent IMDB to browse through trailers before I decide which one to download?)

And yes, I watched the movie after I read the book.  I urge you to do the same.

I do not want to review the book here as there are already zillions of reviews available online. But I sure can tell you that I am in awe of the author’s unsurmountable level of grit and faith. 

Cheryl Strayed is an excellent story teller and if you did enjoy her writing, you may find this interesting.

But what really stayed with me is her plainspeak here.

“Go above your nerve”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!